Re: Using --target to specify a noarch package

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 01:02:00PM -0700, Randy J. Ray wrote:
> Recently, when trying to add a "make an rpm" target to a Makefile for a
> Perl module, I ran into a lack of clarity on the --target vs. --buildarch
> options. The man page states that --target has obsoleted --buildarch (and
> also --buildos) in 3.0 onward. But I couldn't find an example of the value
> one should pass to --target, and the max-rpm SGML files haven't caught up
> with this new option, yet.

The option --buildarch is long since obsolete ...

... --target noarch is gonna be screwy, really doesn't make sense if you
   think about it a bit (e.g. what cc/optflags should be used for arch noarch? )

... so build noarch packages as always using
	BuildArch: noarch
in the spec file.

73 de Jeff

--