Re: while i'm at it

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 03:53:32PM -0600, Tim Mooney wrote:
> Regarding GUI installers that sit on top of RPM, all I have to say is
> this: if DDD can sit on top of numerous different textual debuggers and
> handle both input and output from the debugger, then it ought to be
> possible for grahical installers to do the same with respect to RPM.
> Maybe RPM makes it hard, and it should be making it easier -- I don't
> know.  I do know that two separate processes communicating (talk amongst
> yourselves) on UNIX/Linux is not some kind of wacky new concept.

I just read a review of RH Linux 7.2, and they were again complaining about
how difficult the install process is. Can you imagine how much worse it
would be if every so often while installing packages, anaconda popped up a
series of random questions which you had to be there to answer?

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>