rpm upgrade

I have a redhat 7.0 system that I updated last night with the update agent.  I selected everything available except the kernel.  This morning when I try to uninstall a rpm package I get the following:

[root@pc-00071 /root]# rpm -e libusb
error: cannot open Dirnames index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
error: cannot open Requireversion index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
error: cannot open Provideversion index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
error: cannot open Installtid index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
error: cannot open Sigmd5 index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
error: cannot open Filemd5s index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)

I am pretty sure rpm was one of the things updated.  Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks