Re: missing verbose file info

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 09:50:10PM -0800, Curtis Doty wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to understand why I no longer have verbose file information in
> rpm > 4.0.2 and it looks like you made some design changes in transaction
> handling.  install.c has been subsumed into fsm.c and psm.c transaction
> managers?
>
> Any plans to bring back the per-file verboseness on test installs? I tried
> twiddling with fsmdebug but could not get the desired result.

Nope, file actions are a bit twistier now and printed out as state machine
transitions, not a simple table dump, when installed or erased or repackaged.

I suppose I could figger a query mode on a dry run transaction set to display
the file actions, but there's a bunch of code that would have to be rearranged
to make that happen.

rpm-4.1, maybe.

73 de Jeff

--