Re: Referencing relocated files in %post section

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 03:03:08PM -0500, Jim Knoble wrote:

> Any chance of avoiding namespace pollution in RPM?

Sure. When I flip the big switch and the tire kicking scaffolding
will simply melt away.

I encourage tire kicking if you wish to avoid namespace pollution :-)

Known breakage is ^C handling wrto __db* state. The fix will be one
(or more) of
	1) an obscure and optional pthread thingy.
	2) a setgid helper to remove/sync the __db* files if user w/o
	write access to /var/lib/rpm hits ^C
	3) signal handling in rpmlib.
All but 1) is perfectly doable, but I'm hoping for a shot at 1).

So what else is wrong ?

73 de Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson	ARS N3NPQ