Subject:  Re: Newbie build prob
Author:   da_alchemist@yahoo.com
Date:          20/02/2002 10:01

     Be sure and check the permissions on the
     directories/files.  This error happens quite often due
     to improper permission settings.

     Thanks.
     --- Jeremy Banks <banksy55@hotmail.com> wrote:

     <HR>
     worked on SuSe and so I'm
     having my first go at using RPMs instead of
     tarballs.&nbsp; I was trying to install the epca
     package and ran in to a few problems.&nbsp; I'm
     running Redhat 7.2 and rpm 4.0.3.&nbsp; I copied the
     src rpm 4001450N.src.rpm to /usr/src and did the
     following:</DIV>
     rpm -ivh 4001450N.src.rpm</DIV>
     work and created the files
     /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/epca-1.50-1.tar.gz and
     /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/epca.spec.&nbsp; I then
     tried:</DIV>
     /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/epca.spec</DIV>
     the error:</DIV>
     directory</DIV>
     matter what
     build option I give rpm (-bp, -bb, -ba) it complains
     about the file not being there.&nbsp; I also tried
     changing into all sorts of different directories and
     referencing the spec file in all sorts of different
     ways, but nothing seemed to make it work. &nbsp;Rpm
     simply can't see the file for some reason.</DIV>
     advice would be greatly appreciated.</DIV>
     receive Hotmail on your mobile device: <a
     href='http://go.msn.com/bql/hmtag2_etl_EN.asp'>Click