Priority & metainfo

Hello everyone.

Jeff, I'd like to know what's your position about introducing a new
flag, named "Priority" (RPMTAG_PRIORITY), in rpm. This flag would be
equivalent to the one provided in dpkg, which tells how important to
a system a package is (e.g. glibc and kernel have a high priority).
That's an important information for automatic updating tools.

This also makes me wonder, wouldn't it be interesting to include a macro
which allowed one to include metainformation in a package? Something
like:

Meta(Priority): Standard

This would include a pair "Priority" -> "Standard" in an array like
RPMTAG_METAINFO. This would be a nice way to append metainformation to
a header and still keep this package "cross-distribution".

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]