Re: upgrading a live server without rebooting

> Hi there,
> is it possibile, by only using rpm -Uvh --somethingIDontKnow *.rpm,
> to upgrade remotely (by ssh) a whole RH7.1--->RH7.3 live server??
> I can't reboot the server and upgrade using Kickstart from a RH boot cd.
> I'm on ssh, so I need to do this while the server is up and running.
> I can put the server in single mode. Not more than this.

The thing you have to do is make sure that you absolutely have the set of
files that satisfies all dependencies.  7.3 actually splits out some RPMS
that were one into multiple RPM's sometimes.  Also, some RPM's have been
renamed (kernel-headers to glibc-kernheaders).  So its not as straight
forward as it might seem.  Once you do have a set that satisfies all
dependencies then the "rpm -Uvh *.rpm" should work (correct me if I am
wrong).

Cheers...james