Re: Error cannot open Packages index using db3

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Pellegrini Giuliano wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
> I have created a simple rpm, but I have a problem with %post.
>
> My spec file is :

> %post
>
> rpm -q sendmail
>
> I can build the packeges but when I try to install with rpm -ivh I have
>
> cannot get shared lock on /var/lib/rpm/Packages
>
> cannot open Packages index using db3 - Operation not permited(1)
>
> --> The rpm database cannot be opened in db3 format.
>     If you have just upgraded the rpm package you need to convert
>     your database to db3 format by running "rpm --rebuilddb" as root.
>
> If I comment the line:
>
> rpm -q sendmail in the %post section, I haven't nothing errors.
>
> Where is the problem ?
> Is impossible to call a rpm query in the %post section ?

Yes, it's impossible in current rpm because the install process has locked
the entire rpm database -> you can't even read from tge db. RPM 4.1 allows
concurrent access to the database I believe but that wont help you for
now...

What's the problem you're trying to solve with that query?

--
	- Panu -