Icon for rpm package

Hello.

Is ist possible to specify an icon for a RPM package
where the icon file is in the source distribution,
without having to make a copy of the icon file?
That is, I have a RPM package which specifies
an icon (let's say, IconName.xpm) and the icon
resides in the source (let's say, Name.tar.gz).
I want to know if I have to manually extract
the icon file IconName.xpm from the source
Name.tar.gz and put it where rpmbuild looks
for the source files, or rpmbuild is
able to locate it in the source.

Regards.

Romildo
--
Prof. José Romildo Malaquias
Departamento de Computação - Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto