Re: how to find out the binary package names generated from a source rpm?

pmatilai@welho.com (Panu Matilainen) writes:

> On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 00:08, Simon J Mudd wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > How do I find the name(s) of the binary packages built from a source rpm?
> >
> > I know that rpm -q --queryformat "%{NAME}" package gives you the name of
> > the binary package.
> > rpm -qp --queryformat "%{NAME}" somepackage.src.rpm gives you the
> > same information from a source rpm.
> >
> > If a source rpm builds many binary rpm packages how do I get out the
> > list of binary packages produced?
> >
> > Thanks for any pointers.
>
> You can get the binary package names by extracting the .spec out of the
> src.rpm and do a query on that:
> [pmatilai@chip SPECS]$ rpm -q --specfile php.spec
> php-4.2.2-16
> php-devel-4.2.2-16
> php-imap-4.2.2-16
> php-ldap-4.2.2-16
> php-manual-4.2.2-16
> php-mysql-4.2.2-16
> php-pgsql-4.2.2-16
> php-odbc-4.2.2-16
> php-snmp-4.2.2-16

The problem is I would rather not extract the spec file just to find
this information.  Why?  I want to do it for all src rpms in a
distribution.

I also want to do this querying the src rpm not an installed rpm.

In any case thanks for the information I'll keep investigating.

Simon