k3b and -thread flag to qt source.

I'd like to build qt from src with threading enabled.  Looking at the
qt.spec file for  qt-3.2.3-0.2.src.rpm from rawhide.  I see this
instruction:
  [...]
  # buildnomt: Build libs without threading support
  %define buildnomt 0
  [...]

It appears one might just put a 1 here.  But its a little confusing
if that would just mean to not build with no thread.  How can I tell
rpm to build this with -thread flag to ./configure?

Further, is there a good reason not to?