Re: "redhat-provided" package == immutable Group, Summary, etc.?

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 12:38:31PM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 11:22:28AM -0500, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> > >:) I think we're still at the "what should Something Else be" stage.
> > Well, I can tell you wnat Something Else should be.
> > Format should be XML, with package NEVRAO keys as markup on headers that
> > contain tags.
>
> Ok, and where should this live? If someone downloads an RPM from my web
> site, do they also have to download something that inserts this information
> into their local XML-rpm-description file?

Path conventions are easy to invent, simple to configure with macros.

Strip the existing text out of the header in XML format after downloading,
stash, edit, translate, lather, rinse, repeat.

> > (N==Name, E==Epoch, etc)
>
> What are A and O? (Sorry.)

Actual (in this context) A==arch, O==os, R==release, V==version.

73 de Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson	ARS N3NPQ
jbj@redhat.com (jbj@jbj.org)