rpm and uClibc

Hello!

Did someone try to build some version of rpm on non-glibc platform?

Trying to build against uClibc-0.9.17 gives:

With minimal patch rpm-3.0.6 builds, but getting 5 %define error when
running rpm --version (if I remove the 2 %define lines from macros file,
then I'll get only 1, but I cannot find which one. The spec-file of
rpm-3.0.6 comments some conflict of rpm-3 and newer versions of glibc
(libio changes). Could someone explain me, what really the needs are, so I
may decide which version could have a chance working with uClibc (I am
also interested in building experience against dietlibc).

rpm-4.0.4/4.1 builds with some more patches (librt does not exist on
uClibc, madvise is not defined), but if I install it and run an rpm
build, the shell-script /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.id cuts off all the variables after RPM_D
(it is really RPM_DOC_DIR but OC_DIR is missing). So RPM_DOC_DIR and
RPM_PACKAGE_* are not defined and exported.

Peter

--
Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m@gmx.net>   ID: 0xA5F059F2    NIC: IXUYHSKQLI