Re: How to determine path of the currently installed RPM in Scriptlet ...

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 10:22:59PM -0500, martinay wrote:
> Maybe the subject have been already discussed, but unfortunately I don't
> have the time to search in previous archives.
> So, I need an answer as quickly as possible about how to do the following :
>
> .. and EndUser will do :
>
> rpm -i /disk38/distrib/RPMS/i386/Toto.rpm
>
> in one of my scriptlet (either %pre, %post, %preun or %postun), I need to
> get the the path path of the RPM been installed !
> Is there a way to now about the arguments pass to RPM command line ?
>
> (kind of ARG[0] ?)
>
> I absolutely nned to get the path from here the RPM reside to be able to
> launch other RPM installations residing in the same directory !

I don't have an answer for your question, but it sounds like you want to
launch another rpm process while inside an rpm invocation. You cannot do
that (if that's not your intention, ignore me).

Malcolm

--
Why can't you be a non-conformist like everyone else?