question about upgrade

Hi all,

Is there a way to build an RPM that won't execute the preun and postun scripts during an upgrade?
I have some files that need not to be deleted during an upgrade but should be removed only on uninstall.

I don't want the user to type in --nopreun and --nopostun for upgrades every time.  It'll be nice if there's a flag I can check whether the operation is upgrade or not.

Thanks in advance,
Joe Luong