Re: scripts and Alternate Root

--On Saturday, January 04, 2003 12:12 PM +0100 Rob van der Heij <rvdheij@iae.nl> wrote:

The install scripts with some packages are causing me problems in some
cases. From what I see they deal with both changes to the files (e.g. add
a new user) and doing things to the running system (e.g. start daemons).
Obviously I don't want services to be started off that chrooted system. I
could run with --noscripts but then I miss required updates.

Interesting issue. I suppose that things like user-adds should really be done by initscripts and not by %posts. (Sorta like Mozilla's practice of using an intermediary start script to run first-time stuff on behalf of a user.) But what about user removals? Where would you put them? How would you know that you're running the script on the target or a separate host?