Re: Multiple versions of a package without warnings?

On Tuesday 07 January 2003 21:22, Todd Pytel uttered:
> Is it possible to specify that RPM should not warn about "prior" versions
> of a package, so that parallel installations can exist peaceably? I'm
> creating some Docbook DTD packages for my system, so it's not like I want
> V4.0 to replace V3.1, etc.

Only way I've seen this done is to name the package like:  dockbook3-3.1.~
dockbook4-4.0.~

Same way that Red Hat handled gtk, there is gtk+-1.2, and gtk2-2.0.6.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
For Web Services and Linux Consulting, Visit --> j2Solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: