[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: librpm / corrupt free list in an FD_t (help please)



On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 12:01:06PM -0500, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
> Re: from few weeks ago (vacations)
> 
> > There's code in rpm-4.0.4 rpmdb/falloc.c that, if the free-list chain is
> > "broken", sequentially searches forward, looking for next item in chain.
> > 
> > Back porting to rpm-3.0.4 shouldn't be difficult, poke me at
> >         http://bugzilla.redhat.com
> > if you need help.
> 
> 	I did the backport from 4.0.4 in falloc.[ch]
> as you sugested (a bunch of "memset()" paranoia + fadSanity();). 
> 
> 	I'm wondering if you would
> know a good test proceedure (any way to corrupt a "free list" ?). 

If I knew how to reproduce, then this bug would have long since been fixed.

I do have a number of package.rpm files with broken chains if you want to
test the backport.

> 
> 	Because I know that this happens intermitently; 
> I'm weary of releasing a software without being quite sure
> I fixed the problem.

Nod. That's why rpm abandoned the db1 format several years ago.

FWIW, there's a standalone db1->db3 conversion utility in tools/convertdb1.c
if you want to try converting. That might be easier.

73 de Jeff

-- 
Jeff Johnson	ARS N3NPQ
jbj@redhat.com (jbj@jbj.org)
Chapel Hill, NC





[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index] []