Creating the dir that a newly built rpm will go.

  Is there a way that RPM will create the directory that a newly built
rpm will go?

  I have this in my ~/.rpmmacros directory to sort out my newly built
RPM's by os version since my home directory is NFS mounted among several
build machines that are running different versions of Red Hat.

%_topdir        /home/dale/rpm/
%_rpmdir        %{_topdir}/%{name}/%{_os_version}
%_builddir      %{_topdir}/%{name}
%_sourcedir     %{_topdir}/%{name}
%_specdir       %{_topdir}/%{name}
%_srcrpmdir     %{_topdir}/SRPMS

  I define _os_version in /etc/rpm/macros so each build machine will
then place the rpm's I build in the right place.

  The problem is that if I forget to make the directory structure before
building then RPM just errors out... Will RPM create this directory
structure somehow?

  Many Thanks!
  Dale