How do I create an RPM from the db???

Ok, here is the scenario.

I have a system with various RPM packages on it.  In
particular, I have a package named foo-1.2.13-3 and
another package named foo-3.1.2-3 that I would like to
replace foo-1.2.13-3 with.  The only problem is that I
am not sure the newer foo will work on this older
system and so I would like the ability to be able to
version does not work.  The only problem is that I do
not have access to an RPM of the previous version
(foo-1.2.13-3).  So, if I upgrade it how do I get it
back if the newer version does not work for this
system?  Is there a way to generate an rpm from an
already installed rpm?  In other words, since I
already have foo-1.2.13-3 on the system is there a way
to generate a foo-1.2.13-3.i386.rpm from what is
already installed on the system?  BTW, the system is
using RPM version 3.0.5 and with a Linux 2.2.16
kernel.  Or, is there another workaround to restore
the package since I do not have access to one of the
original RPMs?

TIA.