Re: Segfault in rpm-4.0.4

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 08:14:12PM -0500, Kirk Bauer wrote:
> I have a reproducable segfault situation on some systems at work.  I
> have about eight systems this is happening on.  I can get it to work and
> I must fix all systems by the end of this weekend (Sunday, January 19).
> I am emailing now because I hope I can provide enough information to fix
> this problem.  Please let me know what else you want me to do.
>
> The problem appears to be with the order these two RPMs are specified on
> the command-line.  If ucd-snmp-utils is listed before ucd-snmp, a
> segfault occurs.  Everything works fine the other way.

Hmmm, this from memory. I believe there's a test that can walk off the end
of the added package provides list that was in rpm-4.0.4-7x, but was fixed
in the sources shipped with Red Hat 7.3.

So try the 7.3 package. If that doesn't work, open a bugzilla report,
give me pointers to the packages, and I'll figger what's happening.

73 de Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson	ARS N3NPQ
jbj@redhat.com (jbj@jbj.org)