Re: rpm version comparisons...

> This isn't entirely right, but, in general, you should never need to
> know the low-level internal details of rpmvercmp.  Are you having a
> specific problem with rpm?

Nothing specific Peter.  I wanted to document what it does for our
platform development group so we would understand how it works.  I just
wanted to verify my reading of the code.  Also, we don't use anaconda
or up2date for upgrades, but our own home grown scripts, so having
a clue about what is really going on is fairly important.

Thanks for verifying my reading of the code (-:

...james