Re: Post rpm install script?

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 01:43:49PM -0600, Mark Hatle wrote:
> Is there any way to run a shell script AFTER an rpm has been installed?  (even
> after a %post).  I didn't see anything in the macros file, but thought there
> might be.

Nope, there's no current mechanism for running a "after everything"
scriptlet. There's also a need for a "before everything" scriptlet
execution.

I've wanted to do this for a long time now, as "after everything" might
be used to, say, automate --rebuilddb, and a "before everything" scriptlet
could be used to permit replacing a directory with a symlink.

73 de Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson	ARS N3NPQ
jbj@redhat.com (jbj@jbj.org)