Problem with making rpm (install time)

Hi,

I have one problem while installaing the rpm in a different prefix.
I am overwriting the prefix with --prefix option.

In the $TOPDIR, exact command I have given is:
rpm -i --prefix=/home/amitb/neww ./RPMS/i386/ifs-1.5-1.i386.rpm

The error is:

error: can't unlink /home/amitbneww-RPMDELETE: Is a directory
error: can't rename /home/amitbneww to /home/amitbneww-RPMDELETE: Is a
directory
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /home/amitbneww: cpio: unlink
failed - Is a directory

"/home/amitbneww-RPMDELETE" gets created as part of it.  I tried with
existing NEW dir as well  non-existing NEW prefix, the result is same. I am
clueless.

I am attaching the PART of spec file for your reference.

Prefix: /home/amitb/rpm
Copyright: GPL
#License: hello
#Patch: ddd-3.0.dif