Re: Bug #82418

On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 08:50 AM, Jeff Johnson wrote:

The rpmio library provides
	a) simple FTP/HTTP clients by passing a URI to Fopen().
	b) a rather clunky syscall-like rpc interface on top of FTP.
	c) digests and decompression on the fly.
This is much more than a "wrapper".

And a ray of sunlight appears. :) So I can pass a URI to Fopen() and rpmio will pass back a FD_t, which is essentially a fd to the remote (i.e, HTTP/FTP) location of the RPM? I know that the command-line RPM had the ability to do this, but I had no idea that the library encapsulated this feature. Neat!

ahp