Re: how can I find linux driver for Genius Sound maker live usingForteMedia chip?

"nttranbao" <dbtco@hcm.fpt.vn> wrote :

>     I'm using the Redhat linux 7.3 and after installed, the system tells
>     me
> that my sound card can not be used because it doesnot have the driver for
> it, but also tell me where to get the driver (www.alsa-project.com). I
> did download some drivers from this website but all failed to install.
> Please help me because I really want to hear sound from my linux.
>    Thank you all!

This probably isn't the best place to ask this, as it is targeted at the
rpm tool itself.

That said, you can always try to grab my alsa packages from
http://valhalla.freshrpms.net/ as they should make the installation much
easier. Also, be sure to read http://freshrpms.net/docs/alsa/ if you have
any doubts.

Matthias

Red Hat Linux release 8.0.92 (Phoebe) running Linux kernel 2.4.20-2.25
Load : 0.05 0.25 0.31, AC on-line, battery charging: 100% (5:52)