Re: Verify a relocated package against its package file

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 03:02:41PM +0100, Andrea Sciaba' wrote:
> Jeff Johnson wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 02:24:23PM +0100, Andrea Sciaba' wrote:
> >
> >>Hello,
> >>I tried to perform an 'rpm Vp <package_file>' for a package that has
> >>been relocated when installed, but RPM says that all the files are
> >>missing because it looks for them under the original installation prefix.
> >>Is there a way to verify a relocated package against its package file?
> >>By the way, I am using RPM version 4.0.4.
> >

> > Yup, not gonna work, as the original package has the original, not the
> > relocated, file list.
>
> That's a pity... Why not to include a "--relocate"-like option to rpm
> -Vp that can be used to specify the correct path?

Because using a package to verify integrity is no longer an important
option in rpm-4.1, which verifies digital signatures for headers
retrieved from the database.

Still, relocated paths are not part of the digitally signed region.

73 de Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson	ARS N3NPQ
jbj@redhat.com (jbj@jbj.org)