Re: Error building RPMs on Redhat 8

My concern is not whither or not my rpmbuild dies (its probably better that
it dies =)  ) my concern is that packages

/usr/lib/libabout.la
/usr/lib/libabout.so.0.0.0
/usr/lib/libcharselect.la
/usr/lib/libcharselect.so.0.0.0
/usr/lib/libpdf.la
/usr/lib/libpdf.so.0.0.0
/usr/lib/libpostscript.la
/usr/lib/libpostscript.so.0.0.0
/usr/lib/libpreferences.la
/usr/lib/libpreferences.so.0.0.0

are not suppost to get installed in /usr/lib/  there suppost to get
installed in

/usr/lib/${name}/libs/libabout.la
/usr/lib/${name}/libs/libabout.so.0.0.0
/usr/lib/${name}/libs/libcharselect.la
/usr/lib/${name}/libs/libcharselect.so.0.0.0
/usr/lib/${name}/libs/libpdf.la
/usr/lib/${name}/libs/libpdf.so.0.0.0
/usr/lib/${name}/libs/libpostscript.la
/usr/lib/${name}/libs/libpostscript.so.0.0.0
/usr/lib/${name}/libs/libpreferences.la
/usr/lib/${name}/libs/libpreferences.so.0.0.0

How do I keep the files from going into /usr/lib?? My files section is:
%files
%defattr(-,root,root,-)
%doc AUTHORS COPYING README INSTALL TODO
%{_bindir}/%{name}*
%{_usr}/include/%{name}/*
%{_usr}/lib/%{name}/*
%{_datadir}/applications/%{desktop_vendor}-%{name}.desktop

help??
Bob

                      Jeff Johnson
                      <jbj@redhat.com>         To:       rpm-list@redhat.com
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      rpm-list-admin@re        Subject:  Re: Error building RPMs on Redhat 8
                      dhat.com

                      01/27/2003 04:01
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      rpm-list

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 03:21:47PM -0600, brockers@dps.state.ok.us wrote:
> This is what is says:
>
> Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files
> /var/tmp/rpm/scribus-root
> warning: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>    /usr/lib/libabout.la
>    /usr/lib/libabout.so.0.0.0
>    /usr/lib/libcharselect.la
>    /usr/lib/libcharselect.so.0.0.0
>    /usr/lib/libpdf.la
>    /usr/lib/libpdf.so.0.0.0
>    /usr/lib/libpostscript.la
>    /usr/lib/libpostscript.so.0.0.0
>    /usr/lib/libpreferences.la
>    /usr/lib/libpreferences.so.0.0.0

Ah, you've run afoul of the new-fangled Fascist build policy in rpm-4.1.

>From /usr/lib/rpm/macros:

#
# Should unpackaged files in a build root terminate a build?
#
# Note: The default value should be 0 for legacy compatibility.
%_unpackaged_files_terminate_build      1

#
# Should missing %doc files in the build directory terminate a build?
#
# Note: The default value should be 0 for legacy compatibility.
%_missing_doc_files_terminate_build     1

Flip to 0 in /etc/rpm/macros
 %_unpackaged_files_terminate_build      0
or in spec file
 %define _unpackaged_files_terminate_build      0
and be happy :-)

73 de Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson      ARS N3NPQ