Re: --test and --repackage...

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Jeff Johnson wrote:

>OTOH, everone seems to want to know what packages are gonna be installed
>in what order when accessing through a splat, that might be better done as
>some query rather than the hodge podge of scripts trying to (ab)use --test.

I think it goes on the lines that RPM is swiss army knife missing a
hammer extension (what will RPM try to install but not do it)... so
everyone uses the handle (--test) to get there. What the programmer is
worrying about is he knows the handle wont take the abuse forever.

--
Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen@lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Labrador  CCN-2 B-Schedule  PH: