Re: specifying the srpm name to be created?

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 05:58:32PM -0700, Mike Snitzer wrote:
> Ok; let me just preface this with I don't want to get off topic; why is
> not all that important; I'm much more interested in if its doable.

I don't think it is without a lot of work. I may be wrong, but:

> BUT.. the reason I ask is.. in a certain Spec file I determine which
> compiler and compiler version to use at rpm buildtime and change %{name}
> accordingly.  And before you ask; I mangle the name so multiple versions
> of the same package (compiled with different compilers) can coexist on the
> same system.

Changing the release would be better. Multiple versions of the same-named
package can coexist too. That doesn't really help with the src.rpm name,
though.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>