new error to me using python bindings in rpm 4.2 - phoebe-2

Iterating over hdrs in the systems' rpmdb looking for provides and
filenames I get this:

rpmdb: Lock table is out of available locker entries
error: cannot open Pubkeys index using db3 - Cannot allocate memory (12)
rpmdb: Lock table is out of available locker entries
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - Cannot allocate memory
(12)
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm

Anyone care to shed some light on where I should be looking to solve
this problem?

thanks
-sv