Re: build on Solaris dies: link: only absolute run-paths are allowed

In regard to: Re: build on Solaris dies: link: only absolute run-paths are...:

>On that note, is anyone (Jeff or other) aware of anyone who is actively
>maintaining builds of RPM on non-Linux platforms?  I seem to recall
>binary packages of past versions of RPM being available for Solaris and
>others, but lately I haven't been able to find them.

The OpenPKG project uses RPM (perhaps modified, I'm not sure), and some
vendors (at least IBM on AIX and HP on Tru64) provide RPM (sometimes for
"contributed/freeware" software).

They're not all going to be using the latest version of RPM, though, so
if you have multiplatform needs and want to use RPM to manage your local
software, you're going to have to build it yourself.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney@dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak.edu