Re: Bug reporting for RPM on non linux platforms

In regard to: Re: Bug reporting for RPM on non linux platforms, Harri...:

>Of course it would be nice to see a repository of HP-UX rpms and srpms
>grow up and overthrow the porting centre which IMHO is doing an
>extremely bad job. Having a system that does the pristine source and
>wholly automated builds dance might help and an rpm binary would be just
>that (or a start anyway).

Why is the Porting Centre doing a bad job?  It's been years since I've
used any of their software, but last I checked they (mainly Richard K
Lloyd) did a great job of packaging software for HP-UX.  The only sucky
part was that you had to use HP's `swinstall' to install it.  ;-)

The OpenPKG project might support HP-UX, I don't know (check
www.openpkg.org).

Where I work we have 400+ custom spec files for building lots of software
on a variety of platforms (our list has shrunk but there's still partial
support in most spec files for AIX & HP-UX, in addition to the
still-current Tru64, Solaris, Irix, and of course Linux).

Our spec files are written with our local software installation standards
in mind, though, and wouldn't necessarily be very useful to any other
site.  This means that the SRPMS and binary RPMs we might produce also
wouldn't be very useful to other sites.

If you have questions for writing spec files with multi-os and
multi-platform support in mind, send them to the list.  There are people
here that can offer help and suggestions.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney@dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak.edu