Re: help signing packages

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 07:28, John Aldrich wrote:
> How do I get RPM to let me GPG sign/resign packages I have created here. I
> package a couple of projects and would like to GPG sign the RPMs so that I
> can make sure that people get the ones that I created or at least have
> plausable deniability... :-)

If you're building the packages then:

rpmbuild --sign -ba specfile

if you're resigning built rpms run:
rpm --resign rpm

you'll be prompted for your password

if you're not then make sure you have the following set in your
~/.rpmmacros file

%_signature gpg
%_gpg_path /path/to/your/.gnupg/directory
%_gpg_name email@address.of.the.key
%_gpgbin /path/to/gpg/binary

-sv

ps: don't ask the same question twice in a couple of days expecting an
answer more quickly, it's annoying.