rebuild - how long does it typically take

redhat 8.0
rpm 4.0.4 (i was originally on 4.1 but i have to use relocation)

whenever i issue rpm -q

i get this error: rpmdbnextiterator: skipping h# 1465 header V3DSA
then below this error is the package name.

I can't issue this vpkg-provides2.sh coz it couldnt fine the list_all_packages in u_pkg.sh (which points to rpm -qa command).

I read about maybe my rpm db being corrupt so i followed the instruction to do the rebuild. I occasionally see this error: rpmdbnext iterator and it looks like its adding entries to some index. Anyway, its now stuck on 185 entries to filemd5s index. How long does it typically take to do this rebuild ? (so i know if theres a probl) .

thanks.