Re: resource temporarily unavailable error

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 03:46:50PM -0000, Paul Foxton wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Sincere apologies if this has been asked a lot before.
> I did try to search the archives but there were no results, a prob with the
> archive?
>
> when I try to run any rpm command, I get the following error:
> error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - Resource temporarily
> unavailable (11)

Presumably you're running rpm-4.2-mumble.

Locking behavior now depends on what glibc is installed, as well as what
kernel is booted. I'd upgrade to the latest available glibc/kernel in Raw
Hide too, as that's likeliest to be the most (ahem) well developed.

Yo make matters worse, /var/lib/rpm/__db* files, which reference locks
that are still changing in glibc/kernel, may need to be removed on
upgrade while under development.

> I'm logged in as root, so it can't be permissions, theres plenty of room on
> var, and running # fuser -v /var/lib/rpm/* returns nothing, so I assume
> another process doesn't have a lock on the file.

So what happens if you do
	rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db*

73 de Jeff

--