Re: order of trigger script execution

> Having all the erasures at the end of a transaction is A Good Thing, as
> all those erasure can/will be run in parallel.

Jeff,

Could you explain why this is a good thing.  I don't disagree, per se, but
on Solaris our upgrade mechanism where I work would always delete packages
and then install the new ones.  So when we learned of the order of how
rpm does things in an upgrade (installs, and then erases) we were supprised.
So what is the rationale for your/rpm's approach?

Cheers...james