Re: init scripts macros for openssh alternative

Hah ; I was just contemplating a very similar
problem.

I have an rpm that depends on a mysql server.

my currently hacked version does this

%pre
/etc/rc.d/ini.d/mysql start

what I'm wondering is what do I put in %post ?

should I really grep the filenames to be found
in :

/etc/rc.`runlevel`/*

and see if it should be stopped ?

is there possibly a way to remember if mysql
was running in the first place ?

i.e.
if [ ! -f /var/lock/subsys/mysqld ]
   must_stop_mysql = TRUE