Re: what does find-debuginfo.sh do...

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 04:56:44PM -0500, James Olin Oden wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to build an rpm for a perl module with out the
> aid of cpanflute (I have my reason however questionable
> they are), and it fails with:
>
> 	Processing files: perl-Newt-debuginfo-1.09-0.13352_joden3
> 	error: Could not open %files file /root/work/build/RPM/BUILD/perl-Newt-1.09/debugfiles.list: No such file or directory
>

> 	RPM build errors:
> 	    Could not open %files file /root/work/build/RPM/BUILD/perl-Newt-1.09/debugfiles.list: No such file or directory
> 	make: *** [build_rpm] Error 1
>
> So its trying to create these mysterious debuginfo rpms, which
> find-debuginfo.sh has something to do with.
>
> So what is find-debuginfo really trying to do?  Why would I want this debuginfo
> rpm?  Is this documented anywhere?

find-debuginfo is a redhat-rpm-config thingy that is trying to prepare
a separate sub-package with debugging symbols and source files without
any modifications to existing spec file.

> I figure if I know what its doing I can fix my spec file.

Rip it out for portability or build with rpm-4.2 and Raw Hide redhat-rpm-config
if you want the functionality. Those are basically your choices.

73 de Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson	ARS N3NPQ
jbj@redhat.com (jbj@jbj.org)