Problem with RPM on Solaris 7

I was able to build RPM 4.0.4 on Solaris 5.7 machine but seem to have  a
problem getting rpms to build correctly on it.  RPM never seems to find my
BUILD directory.  If the files are actually installed on the system I am
building on, it will create the rpm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I would be happy to provide any
additional information as well ( I am sure this is not enough to go on)

Thanks.

--
Chris Waters
System Administrator