rpm settings help

I installed rpm from source and I'm not using any distro on the market I
put together my own linux and decided to build the base with rpm support
than I could add other features like xfree86 and soon on by rpm method.
Now when I try to build my own rpms it is always referencing to redhat
so I made a directory /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/ and all the other
directories rpmbuild searchs for. My main question is where to I make or
edit the config file to set my own directories to build in and hold
source and rpms made. Sorry if I wrote to much or am not making sense.

thanks

frank