Re: Error recompiling latest 4.1.1 test release on ppc

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 09:03:21PM +0100, Matthias Saou wrote:
> Jeff Johnson <jbj@redhat.com> wrote :
>
> What do you mean by "factoring out"? Having the seperate elfutils package
> against which rpm would be dynamically linked is what you recommend? If so,

Yes. That's what rpm-4.2 is doing, that's what rpm-4.1.1 (almost identical
to rpm-4.2) should be doing, but elfutils is not everywhere.

> I'll do that then... as a matter of fact, it's by far the easiest unless
> you roll out a new rpm 4.1.1 package with fixes included.

Good. I promise to look for external elfutils before using internal
within rpm autocrap forevermore, the elfutils code/API is hard ...

73 de Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson	ARS N3NPQ
jbj@redhat.com (jbj@jbj.org)