Re: Help with rpm seg fault

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 11:30:13AM -0500, John Aldrich wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 March 2003 10:05 am, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> > > Source RPMs are meant to be installed, not updated. Try rpm -ivh and then
> > > go to /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES to view/edit the source code. Or go to
> > > /usr/src/redhat/SPECS to view/edit the spec file.
> >
> > Nope. -U is identical to -i even for src rpms.
> >
> Well, I sit corrected. :-) I guess that'll teach me to keep my big mouth shut
> if I'm not 100% sure of what I'm talking about. ;-)

Think of it this way:
	You gave me opportunity to identify a feature of rpm.

And to suggest that you start and run nscd if you are using LDAP passwords
in order to avoid a tedious segfault that affects statically linked
binaries like /bin/rpm that call getpwnam(3), thereby loading the
LDAP pam module, that exercises a deficiency in linking on linux
systems.

I'm geting a segfault report every 2 weeks these days.

73 de Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson	ARS N3NPQ
jbj@redhat.com (jbj@jbj.org)