Re: Cross compiling rpm packages

Cross compiling RPM packages takes a large amount of pre-existing knowledge to accomplish, it's not something you just "do". If you want examples, I suggest you find the ELDK (Free PPC embedded distro) and figure out how to rebuild it.

I know it took our company 2 years to figure out how to do it "well", and we are continuously improving the process with each release. It definatly requires specialized RPM macros...

--Mark

Johann Gunnar Oskarsson wrote:
Hi all,

I'm having trouble finding references, howtos, and other documents concerning cross compiling rpm packages. Can someone please show me some starting points one the web or something? I found nothing obviously related on www.rpm.org :/

I want to create packages for two different platforms using my pc, using autoconf and stuff, cross compiling already works well, but I'm having trouble getting rpmbuild to build a cross compiled package. I would also like to do this with only one rpmbuild command, how would I do that?

Thanks in advance :)

Johann