Re: How to extract files from an rpm

On Fri, 2003-03-21 at 17:38, da_alchemist@yahoo.com wrote:

> Is there a way to extract individual files from an
> RPM?  If yes, then how?

Try rpm2cpio.  You need to have cpio installed.  Create a temporary directory
where you can extract the entire RPM tree like this:

mkdir tmp
cd tmp
rpm2cpio /path/to/package.rpm | cpio -d -i

Then you can grab the file(s) you need from what's extracted.  For those with
problems doing rpm -i package.src.rpm, you can use this on source RPMs as well
for a workaround so you can still change/build your .spec files, etc.

- Scott