Re: Upgrading RPM package from non-RPM source

One way to deal with this problem is to simply package it yourself. Get out the source rpm for the old version of the package and use it's spec file (with any needed tweaks) to build an rpm for the new version. Then you can do an upgrade on your system, and everything is happy.