Re: Requires & Provides on -devel packages (Continued)

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Stefan van der Eijk wrote:

> Building as a user helps you not to pollute your build environment, but
> for each violation the build is halted. Compare this to rpmbuild telling
> you only the first file from %files it cannot find ;)

Yes. My scripts (mentioned in a earlier post --> can be found at:
http://eijk.homelinux.org/~stefan/slbd.html) do this. After each build a
cleanup is done (temp & build directories are emptied, BuildRequires are
de-installed).

Need to setup a SF project for the scripts...

I'm a newbie to this list ;) You can find my shell-scripts at:

http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/dar/

But your system seems to be more advanced.

> Hmmm, Soapbox is not about creating a clean environment for building.
> IMO rpmbuild should never have to write outside its builddir and
> buildroot. You could use Soapbox to do this.

OK, but isn't this what happens when you let the rpm's be rebuilt as user
(not root)?

Except that your build will stop unsuccesfully at the first fatal error. My builds continue and I'm presented with a list of actions that were taken outside the buildroot/builddir.