Re: scripts and sub packages

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 18:04, M M wrote:
> Hello,
> Im building my spec file with sub packages. If im using a pre/post script
> for the main package, does the sub packages also uses that same script or do
> I have to specify a pre script for each sub packages ? Ideally I would
> rather not have to repeat this pre/post script for each sub packages...
> Curious if this possible or not. Thanks.

Each subpackage has its own %pre/%post/%preun/%postun .. I don't think
there's a way to share them amongst subpackages.... copy/paste! :).  You
specify additional package %pre/%post by specifying the package modifier
after (much like the %package syntax), or "%pre -n mypackage" -- use the
-n if you don't want subpackages to include the name of the main package
as a prefix.

--
Scott Van Wart <silvaran@nbnet.nb.ca>