Re: scripts and sub packages

Thank you both for your responses.. What I ended up doing is to just cut and paste the pre install script. I did encounter one more problem during the build... I have the following entry in my %files section ...

%files
/rar_rpm/rar/custnews
/rar_rpm/rar/doc
/rar_rpm/rar/help

%files sgw
/rar_rpm/sgw/html
/rar_rpm/sgw/log
/rar_rpm/sgw/msg

If if leave it as is, RPM fails with the following :

Wrote: /home/cmoredo/mybuild/SRPMS/rartest-v3-03.src.rpm
error: create archive failed: cpio: lstat failed - Bad file descriptor

RPM build errors:
   create archive failed: cpio: lstat failed - Bad file descriptor

Interestingly enough, if i only try to package the help and msg file, the build goes okay. Of course this is just a test and I actually have a long list of files that needed to be packaged. I know its not the %pre/post scripts because I commented those out and it still fails.

Does anybody know what these errors are ?